It is very important for gamers to vote on what we loved to play every year. If anything, we spend a lot of money on games each year and sink a lot of precious time into them too. So it makes sense to vote for the games that you thought were the best of the best. Sony has opened up the PlayStation Blog Game of the Year Awards and users can now go and vote.
The PlayStation Blog Game of the Year Awards spans a handful of categories including Best Character, Best Re-Release, Best Story and more. You can also input your own game for each category so it opens up a lot of freedom for players to decide their own games.
The listed titles include the biggest games of the year including Deathloop, Call of Duty: Vanguard, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Returnal and more.
The rules for the PlayStation Blog Game of the Year polls are short and read:
- Every category includes a write-in option in case there’s a title absent that you think should be considered.
- Due to the polls closure date, some titles aren’t eligible for inclusion. These will be eligible for next year’s nominee selection.
- As with the majority of the other categories, Best Multiplayer Experience focuses on titles released in 2021 but also recognises multiplayer-centric games that have seen significant new content or game-changing updates over this past year (such as Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker).
- There are a number of highly anticipated games on the horizon. Some have launch dates, while others have yet to even officially confirm the game’s name. As such, we’ve chosen to keep the selection for the Most Anticipated Game of 2022 and Beyond category to games that have official titles.
- Best Re-Release is a new category recognising remasters and remakes. Qualifying titles showcase enhancements like the quality of life gameplay changes, graphical upgrades, and more.
- If a title won a Platinum in a category any previous year, it won’t be eligible for inclusion in the same category this year.
So what are you waiting for? Head over to the blog here and cast your vote.