After much delay and countless pre-launch bugs and defective hardware issues, the Samsung Galaxy Fold is apparently fixed and preparing for a September 2019 release date. Samsung announced the news on the official Galaxy blog where the company expressed their apologies for the delay.
According to the blog, the company has made substantial changes to the Samsung Galaxy Fold’s design to improve the user experience and guarantee a better device. The following changes have been made:
- The top protective layer of the Infinity Flex Display has been extended beyond the bezel, making it apparent that it is an integral part of the display structure and not meant to be removed.
- Galaxy Fold features additional reinforcements to better protect the device from external particles while maintaining its signature foldable experience:
- The top and bottom of the hinge area have been strengthened with newly added protection caps.
- Additional metal layers underneath the Infinity Flex Display have been included to reinforce the protection of the display.
- The space between the hinge and body of Galaxy Fold has been reduced.
Probably the biggest change has to be the protective layer which was the main reason for all the defective review models as users began peeling off the layer as it looked like just one of those layers of plastic that come with many tech devices.
The additional reinforcements used to protect against “external particles” will also prevent the build-up of debris across the devices. An image below reveals the slight changes to the bodywork of the Samsung Galaxy Fold.
Samsung states the launch price will remain the same at a crazy $1,980. Even with these new changes, one has to be concerned about the future of this foldable device. It is an expensive gamble and we will have to wait and see if the improvements have paid off for Samsung.
Samsung is also announcing the Galaxy Note 10 in a couple of weeks so stay tuned for all the information coming out of that unpacked event on 7 August 2019.
Editor for GLITCHED | Geek AF | Gamer | Techie | Foodie | Cars | Not a morning person | Cats Are Better Than Dogs |