Ukrainian developer Frogwares announced a new Sherlock Holmes game. Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One will be a little bit different from past games in the series as the studio returns to the iconic character’s roots in 2021. The upcoming detective game will see players take control of a younger (quite handsome) version of the mystery solver. In addition, you will be joined by a mysterious new sidekick named “Jon”.
Read: The Last of Us Part II 20-Minute State of Play Announced For Wednesday
Along with a trailer, Frogwares released some key features for Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One;
- The Man Before: As a cavalier young Sherlock on the precipice of adulthood, you’ll earn your reputation in a way no game or story has explored before. We’ve never seen the youthful arrogance and naiveté of the man before the legend—now you’re living it.
- Global Investigation: You never know where your next clue will come from. Explore and exploit the entire city in your pursuit of truth, using clues, rumours, disguises, tags, and pinned evidence to build a solid case within your mind palace.
- And Stay Down: Weapons might help you in a pinch, but there’s something to be said for style—and you have it in spades. Spot enemy vulnerabilities with your brilliant observation skills, or exploit the environment to take someone down while keeping your own hands clean.
- A Different Jon: Before John Watson, there was a different Jon – your best friend. But who is he, really?
- A Darkening Tide: Set in the 19th century, the vibrant island in the Mediterranean promises anything but paradise. Political corruption and crime run rampant while the islanders cling to tradition and eschew outsiders, making your job even more difficult.
- Truth and Lies: There are two sides to every story, and the proud islanders have their own ideas about truth and justice. It’s up to you to decide whether uncovering the truth will do more harm than good—and how that will shape the man you’ll become.
Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One is headed to PS4, Xbox One, PC and next-gen consoles sometime in 2021. Check out the trailer down below;