THQ is working on a new SpongeBob Squarepants game that is a brand-new entry in the series. The publisher is determined to bring everyone’s favourite yellow sponge back to life in a new original story set across famous locations and including iconic characters from the show. SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake might be the new game we have been longing for.
The last SpongeBob video game we had was the Rehydrated Remake back in 2020. SpongeBob is also a playable fighter in the upcoming Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. However, The Cosmic Shake has been created from the ground up spans multiple dimensions called “Wishworlds”.
SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake is being developed by Purple Lamp and currently has no release date. The official Steam page details a few of the game’s features.
Wish-granting Mermaid’s Tears in the hands of SpongeBob and Patrick… What could possibly go wrong? Sure, the very fabric holding the very universe very together could come very undone, opening up portals into Wishworlds full of knights, cowboys, pirates, and prehistoric snails. But that’s nothing everyone’s favorite sponge can’t handle – with the right cosmic costume! Everybody do the Cosmic Shake! SpongeBob and Patrick meet the mysterious fortune teller Kassandra who gives them a vial full of Mermaid’s Tears©.
Legend claims they grant the wishes of those who are pure of heart… Naturally, the two best buddies get overexcited and their flurry of wishes tears open the very fabric of space and time. All while releasing Cosmic Jelly© onto Bikini Bottom and opening portals to strange Wishworlds in the process. Now it’s up to our heroes to rescue their friends who got lost in the Wishworlds and bring back Bikini Bottom’s most iconic buildings. But Kassandra has her own devious plan…
- Unlock classic and new platforming skills like the Fishhook Swing and Karate Kick
- Don more than 30 F.U.N.tastic costumes like SnailBob and SpongeGar
- Travel to 7 distinct Wishworlds like Wild West Jellyfish Fields and Halloween Rock Bottom
- Experience all the buddy movie banter with SpongeBob’s permanent companion Balloon-Patrick
- Meet all your favourite Bikini Bottomites from the series, voiced by their original actors
- Enjoy the in-game soundtrack featuring 101 songs from the series, including Sweet Victory
SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake is in development for PS5, PS4, Xbox, PC and Switch. Check out the reveal trailer down below.