The massive annual Steam Summer Sale (Winter for South Africans) is a time when wallets cower in a corner somewhere as gamers throw all their money at Valve. It is a time to rejoice, a time to spend, but most of all, it is a time to find all the best PC gaming deals. PC gamers can mark their calendars and start sending their wallets to therapy early, as the dates for this massive sale has leaked.
RELATED: Grab Yet Another Free Game on Steam Right Now
It has become somewhat of a tradition that the Steam Summer Sale (and others) leak ahead of release. This leak comes from Steam DB and Steam CN, revealing that the sale will run from 25 June to 9 July 2019. That’s two weeks that will feature thousands of deals and I, for one, cannot be more excited.
To get yourself ready for the massive sale, some general tips are as follows:
- Wishlist titles you want the most.
- Budget for roughly 50% off and don’t get tempted by recommendations.
- Sell those cosmetic items if money is tight, you can get a lot for some Dota 2 or CS: GO items on the Steam marketplace.
- Read reviews beforehand to make sure your wishlist is full of titles you really want to play.
- Take advantage of any Steam sale feature Valve might enable for the sale, such as trading cards.
It is pretty easy to get lost and spend a whole lot of money on games you really don’t need and will just clog up your backlog during a Steam sale, so try not to go overboard.
With those general tips out of the way, the only thing really left to do is to wait for 25 June and tell your wallet everything is going to be already. Yes, lie to it repeatedly.
Which games do you hope to pick up on the cheap during the Steam Summer Sale? Let us know in the comment section below.