The Last of Us has won another award six years after launch and it is a big one. The game won The Best game of the Decade according to review aggregate site Metacritic and its user reviews. The site handed out its annual awards and the new Game of the Decade category awarded the Naughty Dog horror as the best game of the decade.
RELATED: Xbox Series X Won’t Have First-Party Exclusives For Least Two Years After Launch
While The Last of Us won the best game, there were another nine games that almost made the cut including The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Bloodborne, God of War and more. The full list includes
- The Last of Us (PS3/PS4)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4/Xbox One/PC/Switch)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC)
- Mass Effect 2 (PS3/Xbox 360/PC)
- Bloodborne (PS4)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/PS4/Xbox One/Switch)
- God of War (PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/PS4/Xbox One)
- Dark Souls (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/PS4/Xbox One)
The top 10 comes as no surprise as the games featured are truly the best of the best. Other award winners include Resident Evil 2 as the best game of 2019 alongside Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Death Stranding, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, and The Outer Worlds.
You can take a look at the top list of everything including movies, music and TV shows here.