Fans have uncovered an item duplication glitch in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. The glitch lets you duplicate virtually anything giving you an upper hand in the game.
It goes without saying that if you intend on making use of this glitch, be sure to disable updates on your Nintendo Switch to prevent Nintendo from patching it which they will likely do very soon.
Using The Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom item duplication glitch is fairly simple. It was spotted by YouTuber Caspah who explains the process. Once mastered, you should be able to duplicate items until you’re happy.
Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom Item Duplication Glitch
The steps are simple and can be completed fairly easily. However, it does require you to have a certain set of items first. You’ll need to have two of the same bows and they need to be next to one another in your inventory. The process is basically about attaching an item to you bow, dropping that bow and equipping another bow. Half-way through the process, pausing and unpausing the game causes the item to glitch out duplicating that attachment.
I can confirm that I tested out this method and it dos indeed work. However, it isn’t always a guarantee. The timing of your double + press has to be consistent and you also need to be standing on stairs facing downwards (for some reason). It seems the duplication glitch has something to do with the dropped bows landing on one another. But here’s the full process below:
- Equip a one-handed sword and shield (try an unmodded version)
- Make sure the two exact bows are in your inventory and press ZR to pull out your bow.
- Press up on the d-pad to attach the item you want to duplicate onto your bow
- Press + to open the inventory menu, then select the bow highlighted in blue and ‘Drop’ the bow.
- Head to the next bow in your inventory, then equip it.
- Then press the + button twice in rapid succession – If done properly, Link will still be holding the old bow with the item attached to it
- Now, select this bow in blue and drop this one too
- Exit your menu and you’ll now see the item number increased if it worked
TIP – I found that spamming the “UP’ d-pad button on the item five or six times in a row to cause the green glow around the bow to slow down the game helped a lot. I had more successful duplications with this method than just pressing it once to attach the item. I managed to duplicate my diamonds from 8 to 25 this way. However, some items seem to be tougher to duplicate.
Here’s a video on the process down below. It works but try spamming the “up” button instead of pressing it once. That helped my testing.