The sequel to Lords of the Fallen, confusingly titled The Lords of the Fallen, was revealed last night during Gamescom Opening Night Live. The game is currently being developed by CI Games and Hexworks and promises to be a significant step up from its predecessor. This includes the addition of co-op and expanding the world to be much larger, vast and interconnected. Other gameplay and story details were also revealed.
The Lords of the Fallen touts some new and welcomed features, mainly including co-op and the ability to create a custom character. The press release states that the game’s world will be over five times larger than the original game but still retain an interconnected nature similar to what we’ve seen from the Dark Souls franchise which it heavily draws inspiration from. Furthermore, it’s also being built in Unreal Engine 5.
Some key features for The Lords of the Fallen were detailed:
- A vast, interconnected world – over five times larger than the original game
- An expansive RPG experience – a huge roster of NPCs to meet and stories to uncover
- Tactical combat – a fast, fluid and challenging combat system
- Devastating magic – turn the tide of battle with spells and character buffs
- Uninterrupted online co-op – explore a vast and dark world together
- Define your legend – full character customisation and progression
Cezar Virtosu, the Creative Director of The Lords of the Fallen, provided a statement:
“The Lords of the Fallen is the spiritual successor fans of the original title have always wanted. The game is significantly larger, with a vast, interconnected dual world split between the realms of the living and dead, that players can explore alone or with friends. It’s darker and more challenging, with faster soulslike combat, stronger thematic, richer narrative, deeper RPG systems, and more immersive storytelling.”
The Lords of the Fallen doesn’t have a release date yet but it will be available on PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC. Check out the reveal trailer below.
Source: The Lords of the Fallen Website