Usually, when a video surfaces about a UFO (unidentified flying object) it’s from unreliable sources. However, this time the Pentagon formally released three videos showing unclassified flying objects. With that being said, the videos have circulated for years. However, it’s the first time the Pentagon has formally acknowledged them.
Read: WhatsApp Sees 70% Drop in Viral Messages Since New Forwarding Limits
One of the videos shows an incident from 2004. The other two recorded in January 2015. The three videos leaked in 2007 and 2017.
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”Sue Gough, a Defense Department spokeswoman” link=”” color=”#ED2006″ class=”21″ size=””]”After a thorough review, the department has determined that the authorized release of these unclassified videos does not reveal any sensitive capabilities or systems, and does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena,”[/perfectpullquote]
The first 2004 incident occurred about 160 kilometres out in the Pacific. According to The New York Times which first reported on the video back in 2017. Two fighter pilots on a routine training mission were dispatched to investigate an unidentified aircraft that the Navy had been tracking for weeks. In addition, the Navy pilots found an oblong object about 12 meters long hovering about 15 meters above the water. As the pilots approached, it began a rapid ascent.
Watch the three videos edited together here;
“It accelerated like nothing I’ve ever seen,” one pilot told The Times. The pilots reportedly left the area to meet at a rendezvous point about 100 kilometres away. When they were about 65 kilometres away from the point, the ship radioed and said the object was already at the rendezvous point. It traversed the distance in “less than a minute” according to the pilot.
For the Pentagon to formally release the footage is quite a bold move. Above all, it proves the US Government knows a lot more than they pretend to know. With that being said, the Pentagon classifies the videos as “unidentified”. Meaning they refuse to acknowledge the objects as human or alien. Sort of like a “no comment” situation.
Senators in the US have chimed in on the videos too saying that the United States needs to take a serious, scientific look at this and any potential security implications. “The American people deserve to be informed” according to Senator Harry Reid.
I’m glad the Pentagon is finally releasing this footage, but it only scratches the surface of research and materials available. The U.S. needs to take a serious, scientific look at this and any potential national security implications. The American people deserve to be informed. https://t.co/1XNduvmP0u
— Senator Harry Reid (@SenatorReid) April 27, 2020
Since the Navy formalized a process allowing pilots to report on UFO encounters, they have confirmed an uptick in reports from pilots. In addition, US Senators are now being more aware of the situation. Call it a “tin foil hat” story but this sounds like the beginning of the United States Government officially investigating the existence of the UFO.