Valheim is doing incredibly well on Steam. The breakout early access, nordic-themed survival game has sold more than 5 million copies since it launched back on 2 February 2021. It has taken the game just one month to reach that milestone. Developer Iron Gate Studio is also rolling on the cash at the moment as the game’s revenue is sitting at over $100 million alone.
The high sales of Valheim is also quite an achievement, especially given that a team of just five people developed the game. Valheim has now become one of the top five most played games on Steam in its short time on the market. Sitting currently at number 4, the game has reached more than 500,000 concurrent players at one point. A tough achievement for a game of this type.
Valheim follows a group of players who get dropped into a procedurally-generated island and tasked to survive while building up resources, crafting tools and developing settlements. It is a PvE co-op survival game with a streamline progression loop instead of the traditional challenging open-world approach seen in games like ARK. Users can pick it up on Steam for R130 (dirt cheap)
- Huge procedurally-generated world – explore and inhabit mystical lands, from mysterious forests to imposing snow-topped mountain ranges and stunning meadows, complete with their own creatures of legend to battle and wildlife to hunt.
- Co-op PvE (2-10 players) – – Whether you want to brave the lands alone or venture with trusted allies, Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation. We recommend playing co-op with 3-5 players.
- Punishing dodge & block-based combat system with a wide range of weapons
- Build & sail ships – from flimsy rafts to imposing warships, build legendary vessels to conquer the seas and discover new lands.
- Summon and defeat vengeful primordial bosses of myth and legend, and collect trophies to progress and craft new powerful items
- Flexible house and base building system – raise mead halls, farms, settlements outposts, castles and more.
- Intuitive item crafting – forge the finest weapons and armour, and craft food and mead.
- Dedicated server- for players who want to run a persistent server. If you prefer not to run a server on your PC, consider renting a server at G-Portal.