In the big January update for CS: GO, Valve removed both Austria and Subzero from official matchmaking and also added a new version of Vertigo to Wingman official matchmaking. In the place of Austria and Subzero, Valve introduced Abbey and Zoo, but only for casual matchmaking. With the latest CS: GO update, the inevitable has happened, as Abbey and Zoo have now been introduced into Competitive Matchmaking.
Related: CS: GO January Update Brings Back Zoo, Introduces Abbey & More
It will be interesting to see how players respond to both Abbey and Zoo in Competitive Matchmaking. There are so many new CS: GO players after the game went free-to-play and it probably won’t matter to them anyway. With the latest CS: GO update, Valve also made a tonne of adjustments to both Abbey and Zoo. Further, the developer has implemented a bunch of changes to Vertigo as well.
Most of these changes look decent if you ask me and most of them are small on their own. However, if you throw all the changes for each map together then players should have a better experience on these maps and they do look solid to move into Competitive Matchmaking.
Check out all the changes for the three maps in the latest CS: GO update below.
- Opened mid skybox allowing T’s to throw grenades from river area
- Opened mid skybox allowing players to throw grenades from A bombsites
- Opened A skybox allowing T’s to throw grenades from right alley
- Replaced window model with wider one in library (T’s side of middle)
- Added block bullets brushes in some places to prevent full penetration
- Removed bomb stuck spots
- Enabled collision on window models
- Reduced size of clip brushes in some places
- Added missing overlays
- Fixed various clipping issues
- Added new 3d skybox
- Removed tiny mountain
- Added some color to the map
- Added building on mid
- Visual updates overall to match present standards
- Replaced SWAT with FBI
- Reduced the amount of corners/spots at B site
- Removed glow effects from wall mounted fixtures to prevent smoke exploits
- Replaced foliage at interior lower mid to improve sightlines
- Raised ceiling in connector between T spawn and A mid
- Moved swinging tire out of the way of sightlines
- Increased infographics’ resolution
- Removed dead guy at T spawn
- Disabled collision on some foliage
- Fixed minor visual glitches
- Made door into B site from CT side twice as wide
- Improved collision model of large HVAC units
- Blocked visibility under HVAC units
- Tweaked layout of staircase leading up to B site
- Blocked visibility from T spawn to B site catwalk
- Added some props near staircase to minimize fall damage
- Tweaked layout of bombsite B target
- Brightened ambient sunlight
Related: CS: GO Bans Reached An All-Time High After The Game Went Free-to-Play
What do you think about Abbey and Zoo entering CS: GO’s Competitive Matchmaking and do you like all the adjustments made to the maps? Let us know in the comment section below.