Ubisoft has announced the official Watch Dogs Legion roadmap for 2021 detailing the plans for the game ahead. In the roadmap, Ubisoft has touched on not only the free content headed to the open-world action game but also the PvP, and expansions that are included with the season pass.
Some notable content in the Watch Dogs Legion roadmap includes a new co-op tactical ops mission which if you don’t know acts as the game’s raid missions for the online multiplayer. Players can also look forward to new co-op missions coming in April alongside the PvP Invasion mode in May.
For those of you who are waiting in anticipation for new story content, Ubisoft plans on rolling out the Watch Dogs Legion Bloodline expansion in late June 2021. Followed by the Assassin’s Creed crossover event in August. The developer also recently updated the current Watch Dogs Legion Online mode and enabled the game’s first Tactical Ops, Leader of the Pack as well as released the online mode for PC after a slight delay.
Ubisoft detailed the free Watch Dogs Legion roadmap content:
- Today, March 23: Leader of the Pack, the first Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency, is available to play in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Working with a whistle-blower, DedSec uncovers a deadly initiative that brings the next level of hive-mind based AI on Urban Drone Warfare. They must race to stop the program at its tracks and will discover a hidden terrifying threat at the heart of it all.
- In late-May, players will have access to two new PvP modes: Extraction and fan-favourite, Invasion, and a new Tactical Op, Project Omni, in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Project Omni is intense and challenging and will need a team of four to infiltrate a secret project to find out why Londoners’ Optik devices are negatively affecting their brains.
As for the Season Pass content:
- In late-April, Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments who possesses the ability to mind control individuals will be available alongside a new mission.
- Late-June will see the release Watch Dogs: Legion Bloodline, a new storyline that includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2 fully playable in the single-player campaign and online.
- In August, Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order from Assassin’s Creed® will be available as a new playable character alongside new missions.
Lastly, Ubisoft announced a free-play weekend starting on 25 March and ending on 29 March. This means anyone with a PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X / S or PC can download Watch Dogs Legion and play it for free. You can participate in the online mode and carry over your progress if you decide to buy the game.
Source: Ubisoft Blog