Western Digital has announced a range of new WD_Black SSDs to complement its current offering on the market. The biggest announcement has to be the new PCIe Gen4 SSD which if you don’t know by now, is one of the upcoming storage solutions required on the PS5.
For those who don’t know, the PlayStation 5 won’t just take any SSD when it comes to expanding the storage. The PS5 requires one of the latest NVMe PCIe Gen4 SSD devices with the performance of up to 7000 MB/s. The new WD_Black SN850 is one of those devices. Western Digital claims the new WD_Black SN850 NVMe SSD supports up to 7000/5300MB/s on its 1TB model. In addition, the storage device comes in a special heatsink version that cuts down the thermal throttling and has RGB.
We recently reviewed the WD_Black P50 and it was fantastic. Read our full review here or watch it down below;
Here’s a breakdown of all the new WD_Black SSDs
WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe SSD
- Read/write speeds up to 7000/5300MB/s
- Built with the WD_BLACK G2 controller and optimized for top-tier and high-intensive gaming
- Delivers improved low queue-depth performance over its predecessor, allowing both gaming and everyday users to experience smoother loading of applications.
- Optional RGB-enabled heatsink model that cuts down on thermal throttling
- Starts at $129,99 (500GB) goes up to 2TB (available end Oct. RGB model early 2021)
WD_BLACK AN1500 NVMe SSD Add-in-Card
- Read/write speeds up to 6500/4100MB/s
- Fully bootable plug and play add-in card is one of the fastest PCIe Gen3 x8 solutions on the market
- Powered by two internal SSDs in RAID 0 and PCIe Gen3 x8 technology
- Customizable RGB lighting
- Starts at $299,99 (1TB) goes up to 4TB
WD_BLACK D50 Game Dock NVMe SSD
- Transforms a Thunderbolt 3-compatible laptop into an integrated and immersive gaming station
- Offers superfast speeds with NVMe technology, more capacity for games, and multiple ports for accessories
- Customizable RGB lighting controlled through the WD_BLACK Dashboard
- Starts at $499,99 (1TB) / $319,99 for non-SSD option
Local pricing and availability to be announced. Find out more here.