EA Games plans on updating some of its current game lineup to take advantage of the next-gen PS5 and Xbox Series X and S. This includes Apex Legends, Madden NFL 21, FIFA 21, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered, The Sims 4, Star Wars: Squadrons and more. In short, if the game is a money-maker for EA, you can expect it to get updated very soon with resolutions and frame rate boosts. Some games are even getting a 4K120Hz mode.
If you play any of these games and plan on picking up a next-gen console then this news should make you happy. Here are the enhancements users can expect to see soon across some EA Games titles. These apply to both the PS5 and Xbox Series X and S consoles. However, the Series S resolution may be limited to 1440p. Here are the EA Games next-gen enhancements.
- Apex Legends
- Performance boost, resolution increase to 1440p with more enhancements to arrive in 2021
- FIFA 21
- Improved load times and better frame rates through backwards compatibility. FIFA 21 debuts on next-gen consoles on 4 December. EA plans to share new details on the enhancements soon.
- Madden NFL 21
- Improved load times and better frame rates through backwards compatibility. Madden NFL 21 debuts on next-gen consoles on 4 December. EA plans to share new details on the enhancements soon.
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered
- No enhancements detailed. EA claims PS5 will run the game like a PS4 Pro. Xbox Series X will run it like and Xbox One and Series X like the One S
- The Sims 4
- All expansions will move over PS5 and Xbox Series consoles. Game benefits from faster load times and smoother frame rate
- Star Wars: Squadrons
- PS5 runs with improved lighting and the same resolution as PS4 Pro. Xbox Series X and S offer two graphical options. One is a 2160p/60FPS mode on the X and 1440P/60FPS on the S. Both Xbox consoles can also run the game ar 4K120Hz on supported televisions.
- UFC 4
- Enhanced load times and better frame rates. No other noticeable improvements