An upcoming patch for Gotham Knights will attempt to address the game’s overall performance issues following a shaky launch. Developer Warner Bros. Montreal stated that it’s currently working on a patch that will arrive on consoles and PC in the near future that aims to make major fixes, but for now, another patch coming to consoles later this week is also making some smaller tweaks.
Gotham Knights launched last week to a mixed reception from fans and critics. Many praised its visuals and variety of gear, but slammed its unstable framerates on consoles, technical issues and grind-heavy nature. While the grind is still the least of the game’s problems, it continues to be a difficult game to play on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S due to its poor performance. However, the developer reassured fans that patchwork is coming.
MORE GOTHAM KNIGHTS – Unboxing The Gotham Knights Collector’s Edition and Media Kit
The studio recently stated that it’s working on a “larger patch to improve performance overall and give you the best possible experience”, though didn’t mention when we can expect it. For now, there’s a patch currently available on PC that will be making its way to consoles soon which provides the following fixes:
- Invincible enemies playing a “meditating” animation will no longer appear in crimes.
- Various UI issue fixes.
- Fixed issues caused by graphical settings not being applied properly.
- Various localization fixes.
- Fixed various Keyboard/Mouse specific input issues.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing being able to join friends through invites.
- Various crash fixes throughout the title, most notably during the S.T.A.R. Labs “free the scientists” fight and the Harley Quinn Hospital Boss Fight.
- Fixed an AMD specific crash related to shadows.
- There may be some compatibility issues with Nvidia Ansel that we are still investigating for this patch.
Gotham Knights is currently available for PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC.
Source: Video Games Chronicle