A new Starfield patch addressing some issues with performance and stability is live now for the game. Bethesda says the patch also helps iron out some general gameplay issues.
Keep in mind that this update isn’t the larger patch which is currently being worked on at Bethesda. That patch is expected to add announced features and improvements to Starfield in the coming weeks ahead.
These features include brightness and contrast controls, an HDR calibration menu, an FOV slider, NVIDIA DLSS support, ultrawide monitor support and a much-requested “eat” button for food.
The latest patch, on the other hand, includes these fixes and improvements:
STARFIELD 1.7.33 UPDATE PATCH NOTES
- Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.
- Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labelled as a player-owned ship.
- Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.
- AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.
- Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
- Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.
- Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.
Starfield launched in early September. Bethesda claims the game has surpassed 10 million players since its release on 6 September. It is also supposedly the “biggest launch in Bethesda history”. While some players enjoy the game, I can’t recommend Starfield with any fibre of my body. You can read my Starfield review titled, To Infinity and Boredom, here.