The full lineup for the massive fighting game tournament EVO 2022 has been revealed, and it includes the usual suspects such as Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 and Dragon Ball FighterZ, along with new additions like The King of Fighters XV and Guilty Gear Strive.
The Evolution Championship Series 2022 (EVO) will be a live event this year, held at Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Nevada, USA. Sadly due to Nintendo, Super Smash Bros. will not be present at this tournament for the first time in years.
EVO 2022 Full Lineup
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (third appearance at EVO)
- Granblue Fantasy: Versus (first appearance at EVO)
- Guilty Gear: Strive (first appearance at EVO)
- The King of Fighters XV (first appearance at EVO)
- Melty Blood: Type Lumina (first appearance at EVO)
- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (second appearance at EVO)
- Skullgirls 2nd Encore (first appearance at EVO)
- Street Fighter V: Champion Edition (fifth appearance at EVO)
- Tekken 7 (sixth appearance at EVO)
Tekken 7 from Bandai Namco is the oldest fighting game continuing to make it on the roster, dominating the tournament for its sixth appearance this year. This is followed closely by Street Fighter V which is making its fifth appearance, though that could change depending on how soon Capcom releases Street Fighter 6.
Among the usual fighters making the rounds that includes Mortal Kombat 11 again, there are a number of newcomers to the lineup. The King of Fighters XV, Guilty Gear Strive, Skullgirls 2nd Encore, Melty Blood: Type Lumina and Granblue Fantasy: Versus will all make their debut at this year’s EVO.
As previously reported, Nintendo has chosen to withdraw Super Smash Bros. Ultimate from the EVO lineup, possibly to shift it over to their own dedicated esports organization Panda Global.
EVO 2022 will take place between 5 August to 7 August and will be livestreamed globally.
Source: PlayStation Universe