Square Enix has revealed the PC system requirements for Forspoken and it has baffled players. Apart from a steep requirement of some of the latest technology on the market if you want to run the game at its best, you’ll also need a hefty 150GB of storage space. Here’s everything that’s required of you across the minimum, recommended and Ultra specs for Forspoken on PC.
First and foremost, you’ll be squeezing out 720p 30fps on minimum specs with an AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 at the very least. In terms of a current-gen only title this makes sense for these demanding requests, but once we get to the recommended specs, things get a bit crazy. You’ll be hitting 1440p 30fps under recommended with a requirement of a AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT or NVIDIA GTX 3070 and 24GB of RAM. Ultra targeting 4k 60fps requires players to have some high-end equipment, including a GTX 4080 or RX 6800 XT.
Forspoken PC System Requirements
720p 30fps display resolution
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 / Intel Core i7 3770 (3.7GHz or better)
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB / Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
- RAM: 16GB
- HDD/SSD Space: 150GB or more
1440p 30fps display resolution
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Intel Core i7 8700k (3.7GHz or better)
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB / Nvidia Geforce GTX 3070 8GB
- RAM: 24GB
- SSD Space: 150GB or more
2160p 60fps display resolution
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5800X / Intel Core i7 12700 (3.8GHz or better)
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB / Nvidia Geforce GTX 4080 16GB
- RAM: 32GB
- SSD Space: NVMe SSD 150GB or more
It’s a bit baffling when you consider that the visuals were possibly downgraded during development, showing a stark contrast between the demo gameplay and gameplay previously shown in trailers. All that said, it seems like PC players who have the best gear will benefit the most from seeing Forspoken in its smoothest and best form on the platform, but even on the lower spectrum, it seems quite demanding.
Forspoken launches on 24 January 2023 for PS5 and PC.
Source: Square Enix