Marvel’s Avengers has a new update available and with it comes some much-needed new content. The biggest new change comes in the form of Tachyon Rifts which aim to add more content to the endgame. These rifts contain new gear. In addition, players can now enter the SHIELD Substation Zero which is where players will meet new characters and experience new story content when it launches.
The new SHIELD Substation Zero Outpost in Marvel’s Avengers patch 1.3.3 aims to be looking into temporal anomalies. It is unclear how Crystal Dynamics plans on adding new content to the game through this location but players will experience the introduction of new content in the area. When the content arrives, players can find the location in the Pacific Northwest region on the War Table. This area will most likely house the Hawkeye and other additional characters when they arrive later.
PS5 Chat Parties Are Recorded So You Can Report Them To Sony
As for the new Tachyon Rift missions, these throw players into dangerous environments ravaged by ongoing Tachyon storms. These storms damage players over time while filling up their Heroic energy too. These missions also require some high level gear and at least 140 Power Level or higher to participate in them. Everyday player can take on one of these Marvel’s Avengers Tachyon Rifts and obtain a new tier of high-powered gear called Cosmic Gear.
The update also comes with some other quality-of-life changes including an increase to the pick-up radium, AI improvements and more;
- Remote faction terminals have been added to outposts, which allow the collection of faction assignments and villain sector bounties without the need to visit each faction coordinator in person.
- Extended pickup radius for reward drops.
- The ability to preview cosmetic vendor items.
- Option to scale subtitle/closed caption text size.
- Closed Captions will no longer be automatically displayed in cinematics when subtitles are displayed.
- Movement speed increased in outposts when in Avengers Initiative
- AI companion improvements, including assistance when a player needs to be revived.
- Improved Mega Hive rewards. They now are guaranteed to give two exclusive exotic gear items and increased amounts of upgrade modules upon completion.
- Implemented a fix that will retroactively grant Iron Man’s iconic outfit for players who previously lost it due to a bug.
Crystal Dynamics promises that more content is on the way for the game soon. The Marvel’s Avengers playerbase has dropped significantly over the past few weeks due to the lack of content. Hopefully, this and the upcoming additional heroes add some new things to do. You can read the full patch notes here.