Larian Studios has released the new hotfix 5 patch for Baldur’s Gate 3 for both PC and PS5 that makes great improvements to Minthara, specifically an expansion of her dialogue options as a romance. Or to be more precise, fixing a bug that previously blocked out Minthara’s expanded romantic exchanges. The update also addresses some gameplay fixes and tweaks but for the most part, the new patch is all about fleshing out Minthara for players.
According to the patch notes, the latest hotfix for Baldur’s Gate 3 adds “several new dialogues allowing you to explore and deepen the relationship, and discover more details of Minthara’s backstory.” The notes also add, “Alongside many lines of interactive dialogue, many more non-interactive voiced lines are available with Minthara as a romantic partner.”
Unfortunately the road to getting Minthara as a romantic partner is paved with blood, to say the least, so players will have to commit some pretty heinous acts if they want to develop Minthara as a potential romance. The patch also adds additional scathing dialogue options for your other companions who may or may not approve of your romantic interest in the Oath of Vengeance Paladin. Have a look at the full patch notes for Baldur’s Gate 3 below:
Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix 5 Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug that locked players out of many of Minthara’s lines of dialogue.
- Fixed sometimes not being able to talk to NPCs or party members because the game thought you were still in a dialogue.
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when faraway characters got close to the party.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if a guard responding to a crime created a summon (e.g. an elemental), and you fled the combat or were incapacitated without killing the summon.
- Fixed an issue causing the game’s audio to stop working on PS5.
- Fixed graphical issues on HDR TVs when the HDR black level calibration was set to 0.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when opening the onscreen keyboard.
- Fixed a memory leak when creating and destroying many objects.
- Improved performance when cycling through Character Sheet tabs in splitscreen.
- Fixed splitscreen not working correctly when a client with splitscreen already enabled joins a multiplayer game.
- Fixed dismissed avatars not showing up properly in Withers’ Wardrobe if the host is at camp and is already looking inside the wardrobe.
- Fixed characters sometimes disappearing on splitscreen when the client reconnects after disconnecting while listening in on a dialogue.
- Clients rejoining a multiplayer game where there’s a dismissed avatar in Withers’ Wardrobe will now be able to pick that avatar up again rather than have to create a new avatar. (This bug would happen when the client left the session and another player selected that client’s avatar in the middle of the dismiss-to-camp dialogue.)
- Trader NPCs will now retain their Approval Rating of avatars and companions even after they’re dismissed to Withers’ Wardrobe.
- Fixed [redacted] not dying and therefore not triggering the Game Over flow if you bring him to 0 HP outside of combat in [redacted].
- Fixed not being able to talk to Minthara at camp if you dismissed her outside of camp.
- Fixed Level Up not working as expected if you level up while the game is saving.
- Fixed Hag’s Bane not having an effect on [redacted].
- Fixed text being cut off in the title of tutorial pop-ups.
- Fixed button prompts getting cut off on the Multiplayer Settings screen on splitscreen.
- Fixed some UIs not updating when saving, causing, for example, Shadowheart’s inventory to appear empty when you recruit her on the beach.
- Fixed the tadpole count in the Radial Menu on controller.
- Fixed characters getting stuck when the Analog Stick Selection setting is set to Left Stick and you rotate the stick in circles as far as it can go.
- Added nipple covers to [redacted] for when the nudity filter is enabled.
- Moved Withers’ Wardrobe in the crèche camp to avoid clipping with Shadowheart’s tent.
Unfortunately (or fortunately for some, I guess), Larian Studios has yet to properly fix a known bug that essentially makes your companions extra horny, opening up sexual dialogue far sooner than originally planned.