Developer Running With Scissors has announced and released Postal 4: No Regrets, dubbed as the follow-up to Postal 2 because “No third game is known to exist”. Postal 2 was a hot topic back in the day as it didn’t pull any punches and for some, the game was really vulgar. The developer even mentions in a Press Release that it “was once the lightning-rod of controversy for politicians around the world.”
Now, Postal 4: No Regrets is out on Steam Early Access and you can play the fourth (or third?) game in the franchise for R117. Since the game is still in Steam Early Access, there are bound to be a lot of bugs, but developer Running with Scissors explains why an Early Access release was needed:
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”#16EBE3″ class=”” size=”20″]To date, we’ve been 100% self-funding this title through Steam royalties, but now we need to grow the team further, and we believe involving the community is the best approach towards making the best POSTAL game ever happen. We considered a few alternative options of funding, such as approaching publishers, many of whom showed interest but ultimately backed away due to fears around the controversy P4 may generate. We also considered a Kickstarter but then decided selling a paper pitch to the community was not our style. We want to show and demonstrate actual gameplay before looking to the community for help.[/perfectpullquote]
In case you never heard about the franchise from Running With Scissors and have no clue what Postal 4: No Regrets is all about, check out a description of the game, as well as key features and a trailer at the bottom of this article. Note that the voice of the Postal Dude in the trailer is from famous Duke Nukem actor Jon St. John.
Please note: Not for people under the age of 18.
About Postal 4: No Regrets
“Several years have passed since the events that devastated the once proud town remembered as Paradise. The only two to walk away from the cataclysm unscathed, the hapless everyman known as the POSTAL Dude and his loyal companion Champ, drive aimlessly through the scorching deserts of Arizona looking for a new place to call home. After a fortuitous gas station rest stop ends with their car, trailer home, and the rest of their worldly possessions stolen, all the Dude’s seemingly got left to his name is his canine cohort and his bathrobe, and neither of them smells all that great. However, on the horizon, the duo glimpses an unfamiliar and dazzling town that beckons to them. What untold prospects lie within? Fame? Fortune? Maybe a bidet or two? Edensin awaits.
POSTAL 4: No Regerts is a satirical and outrageous comedic open world first person shooter and the long-awaited true sequel to what’s been fondly dubbed as “The Worst Game Ever™”, POSTAL 2! (No third game is known to exist.)”
- Free roam, open world, sandbox gameplay: Approach your daily set of Errands in a non-linear fashion! Seek out optional Side Quests for additional rewards! Or ignore all of that and just cause general pandemonium at your own leisure!
- Jon St. John, industry veteran and legendary voice for Duke Nukem, in the role of the POSTAL Dude!
- A brand new town to explore: Discover Edensin and unearth the dark secrets of this gambling town! Visit the local penitentiary, but don’t become a permanent guest! Meet the mysterious and exotic locals at the Mexican border! Cruise the roads in style in your own fashionable Mobility Scooter! Test your luck at the casinos on the Zag, all under the watchful eye of the monolithic ERC Tower!
- Pacifist vs. Aggressive: Enjoy full freedom in your choice of playstyle! New ammo types and other tools to greater support peaceful (or non-lethal, at least) confrontations, but violence is still always an option too!
- Over-the-top arsenal: Series classics return such as the iconic Shovel, Gas Can, and the famous boomerang Machete! Brandish new weapons like the AK and Tazer Baton! Set traps and unleash feathered chaos with the new Pigeon Mine! Get creative with the Spurt’n’Squirt’s unique liquid ammo types: Fill it with water to put out fires, gasoline to create an improvised flamethrower, or urine to shower Edensin’s residents!
- Potent Power-ups: Add that familiar POSTAL twist to your weaponry with power-ups such as the classic Cat Silencer, the slow motion-inducing Catnip, and the dual wielding Energy Drink!
- Bevy of interactivity: Feed Doggie Treats to strays to gather canine armies to do your dirty work! Grab and carry around objects to stack them and reach new areas or just throw them at others to annoy them! For the first time in the franchise, use and flush toilets!
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzSBEsnyClc” width=”900″]